Saturday, January 19, 2013

1/6/13 Day 3


1/6/13 Day 3
So today was amazing. We had a free day so we decided to take a trip to Guatemala to visit the Mayan ruins called Tikal and do go to this island called Flores. The ruins were fantastic. It took us about 2 hours to get there and cost $108 which included all of the fees to get there and lunch. It was interesting being there because everyone speaks Spanish. It would have been very helpful to freshen up on my Spanish before we went, but oh well. I took so many pictures while I was there. 

Tomorrow is the first day of clinic at a village called Santa Familia. I’m pretty nervous about it, being a 5th year and having the underclassmen look up to me for answer and the whole actually dealing with patients. It should be a good experience and I hope to learn a lot for when I graduate.
Also, it really needs to stop raining while we walk everywhere. The only good thing about the rain is that it keeps it from getting too hot. It actually gets chilly at night but I don’t notice it until I wake up at 5:30am to go to the bathroom.
Anyway, I’m exhausted so time for bed, pictures will follow.






Spider Monkey















Flores



No comments:

Post a Comment